Would you like to live in Spain? Or, simply, enjoy the advantages of having a Spanish residence permit? At Cosmopolitan Properties we are fully aware of the Law of Support for Entrepreneurs and their Internationalization.
As is known, this Law includes a list of measures to encourage and facilitate the start of business activities, among others.
However, its most popular measure has undoubtedly been the fact of facilitating the entry and stay in Spain of investors, entrepreneurs, foreign researchers, as well as highly qualified foreign professionals.
Going deeper into this issue, the Law distinguishes between two types of stay in Spain for foreigners who make a significant investment in the Spanish economy:
- Residence visa for investors for a duration of 1 year.
- Residence authorization for a duration of 2 years for those holders of the residence visa who are interested in residing in Spain for a period of more than one year.
And you may wonder ... What is meant by significant investment? There can be three assumptions:
- An initial investment for a value equal to or greater than 2 million euros in Spanish public debt securities, or for a value equal to or greater than one million euros in shares or social participations of Spanish companies, or bank deposits in Spanish financial entities.
- A business project that is going to be developed in Spain and that is considered and accredited as being of general interest.
- And the one that interests us the most in this case, the acquisition of real estate in Spain with an investment of a value equal to or greater than 500,000 euros for each applicant.
We take this post to remind you that at Cosmopolitan Properties we have a wide and varied portfolio of properties with a value equal to or greater than this amount. So, if you need advice on any of the aspects of this Law, as well as on our homes, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be delighted to help you.