Although some potential buyers still ask this question, the answer is resounding, supported by all those who already have such experience.
Without a doubt, it is always more than advisable to buy a new-build home through a real estate agent. The real estate agency will represent the defense of the buyer's interests at all times, and will accompany you throughout the process.
Buying a new-build house is not always synonymous with a ‘clean house’ and in perfect condition. For this reason, we will take care, first of all, to investigate and request the information and complete documentation about the home and the development: the certificate of completion of the work, the certificate of occupancy, the first occupancy license, the mandatory guarantee and decennial insurance, among others.
Some of the advantages if you choose to buy a new-build home through ‘your trusted agent’, are the following:
- To begin with, it will help you select all the homes that really fit your search criteria.
- He will plan all visits and will always accompany you on them.
- They will advise you on how to make your best offer, present it to the property and defend it with solid arguments.
- With your agent you will always obtain greater negotiating power in the price.
- Once an economic agreement has been reached, the agent will review all the documentation and help you get the best financing, if necessary.
On the other hand, it must be remembered that buying a new construction home is also backed by guarantees, which can be for a duration of one year, two years or up to a decade, according to the Building Planning Law.
For this reason, when purchasing a new construction home it is important to know what is included and what is not in the guarantee, and not be afraid to ask for changes or concessions if necessary. Here, ‘your trusted agent’ will advise you.
In the case of buying a home off-plan, an option that is usually very advantageous, but also usually carries more risks, as real estate agents we ensure that the two legal guarantees that protect the buyer are met at all times: the return of the deposit in case of non-completion of the project, and make sure that the buyer deposits the amount delivered as a down payment in a separate bank account to the promoter.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that despite what many believe, the buyer should not pay fees to the real estate agent, since it is the property that takes care of this.